| Associate Members Application
(You may complete the form by typing in the fields and print it out or you can download and print out the form and fill it out by hand.)
ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP is by invitation only to those firms which excel at providing products and services to the profession.
ABA Associate Members . . .
* PARTNER in leadership with the most outstanding conductors of, and composers for, the Concert Band.
* WORK together to "further enhance the Concert Band and its music within our cultural heritage."
* are REPRESENTATIVES of Associate Member firms who can attend the annual convention share in the business of the Association.
* attend ABA CONVENTIONS that are held once a year, usually in the first or second week of March. Spouses are invited to the Convention where they enjoy meetings of interest and share in the social activities (afternoon excursions), receptions, and concerts.
* receive the ABA BULLETINS (newsletters) three times per year.
* receive the JOURNAL OF BAND RESEARCH: the only research journal devoted exclusively to band related issues.
* receive the ABA DIRECTORY, containing address information, etc., on all Members, Associate Members, & widows.
* contribute to the ABA FOUNDATION: "The purposes for which the corporation is formed are in general to solicit, receive, and administer funds, the income of which will provide support for the various educational projects of The American Bandmasters Association Foundation, one of which must be the new band composition contest, and to promote educational, musical, and cultural activities."
DUES: Current dues are $225.00 per year for Associate Members ($175.00 per year for Members). The extra funds generated are used by the Association for purposes specified the Associates. In the past, the Associates have paid costs of the pre-banquet reception. Extra funds are for improving the website and for assisting with costs of busing convention attendees to the concerts.
Visit the ABA Website at: www.americanbandmasters.org
There are approximately 80 Associate Members of The American Bandmasters Association (ABA) and 300 Members. ABA was incorporated on March 13, 1930, with Edwin Franko Goldman the first president and John Philip Sousa as Honorary Life President. The objectives of ABA are: the recognition of outstanding achievement in the field of Concert Band and its music; helpfulness and fellowship among members; an increasingly higher standard of artistic excellence for the Concert Band, its performers, conductors, and literature; and a constantly greater contribution through the Concert Band to the musical life and culture of all peoples.
ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP may be attained by firms, organizations, and individuals engaged in the music industry or related field who wish to identify themselves with the objectives and activities of the Association. Those firms that would like to be considered for membership in The American Bandmasters Association should download and complete the Application for Associate Membership and mail it along with supporting materials to the Chair of the Associate Members Committee: Gerald Guilbeaux, 3600 West Congress St., Lafayette, LA 70506. After a careful screening of candidates for membership, an invitation is extended to those who by their example and leadership will further enhance the Concert Band and its music within our cultural heritage.
The purpose of the ABA Associates is to provide support (financial and otherwise) to the Association that will help attain the objectives stated above. Such services shall be for the purposes stated and not for personal or commercial gain. Attendance at the Annual Convention is encouraged!
ASSOCIATE MEMBERS COMMITTEE
Dan Bolin, Chair, Bruce Gilkes, Vice-Chair, Jeni Paulson, Secretary, Gerald Guilbeaux, Leon Galison, Tracey Leenman